Windows 8 Training & Certification
Benefits of Microsoft Windows 8
The Microsoft Windows operating system has been the foundation for both home and business PC users. The latest version of Windows includes significant changes to its interface and platform.
Windows 8 was designed for smartphones and tablets touchscreens, which helps put easy-to-use Windows apps on all of your team's devices, and gives the convenience of working while on the go. Windows 8 also has SkyDrive built in, so work is easily transferred where ever you need to go.
Upgrading to a new operating system can be costly, especially in terms of lost productivity as your team must learn to navigate these changes. New Horizons offers the training for you and your team to help make your migration seamless, all while providing business continuity.
Windows 8 Training at New Horizons University of Wisconsin
With Microsoft Windows 8 training from New Horizons University of Wisconsin, you will learn all the key features of this new operating system. You will walk away with confidence in using all the powerful features and benefits it offers. Your knowledge will allow you to perform your day-to-day tasks efficiently and optimally in the new dynamic Windows 8 environment.
End-Users will learn how to:
- Work efficiently in the new touch screen environment
- Search and manage information in the latest version of Internet Explorer
- Navigate smoothly from the title environment to the desktop environment
- Perform common tasks in Windows Explorer from the ribbon
- Organize, manage, and find files quickly
- Launch common applications more efficiently
- Switch between programs
IT Professionals will learn how to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system
- Configure network connectivity
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections
- Share files and printers
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8
Windows 8 Certifications
Microsoft Windows 8 Certifications are designed to provide the recognition you need to help you excel in your career, and provide employers with validation of your skills. Certification comes with the confidence that you have the knowledge to overcome common challenges that IT administrators face on a daily basis.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 8
The MCSA certification is great if you are a full-time desktop support technician or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8 based computers and devices. It proves you have the skills to configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users, and associate network and security resources.
Upgrade Windows 7 Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Certification to MCSA: Windows 8
If you already have a Windows 7 Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification, you can upgrade to the latest MCSA: Windows 8 certification by passing a single exam.